Boomer is wearing eyeliner and eyeshadow to darken his beard!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Arrgh!
The original costume plan was Boom and I weren't dressing up, just taking the kids trick or treating on my parents block and attending their party. Gav was supposed to Bumble Bee or the Black Spiderman (I don't know his name) and Austen's costume was a chicken...we call her chickie so a chicken would be cute. I decided Friday I was going to dress up since this was the first year we were taking Gavin trick-or-treating. Boomer decides to follow me to the costume rental place. We decided that the only cool costumes left were the pirates... we knew if Gavin saw us as pirates he would have to be one too. It is was really easy to create his costume... everything his is wearing came from his closet. I just purchased a sword and a bandana. There was no way I could let Austen be the odd one, so I bought some colorful feathers and attached them to the other feathers and knitted a beanie and attached feathers and a beak and she became our parrot! I had fun making their costumes! For A's, I took a feather boa and attached it to a onesie and made feet out of orange felt and sewed it to leggings. For Gav, I took a white button up shirt, vest, brown slacks, black boots from some other costume of his, used his scarf as the sash that went acroos his chest and tied a bandana aroung his waist to hold his weapon... his costume reminds me of Orlando Bloom's =) He wouldn't wear makeup though! I was happy I got my wish to create his costume, it is so much fun and personal. It was a good night being with family and my good friends and Gavin was happy. The October folder has more pictures. My cousin broght a homemade lifesize Barbie doll box and we all took pictures in it.



Boomer is wearing eyeliner and eyeshadow to darken his beard!
Boomer is wearing eyeliner and eyeshadow to darken his beard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Come on... talk to me =)