After putting Gavin to bed last night, I came back downstairs and Boomer says look at what your son did. Instantly I was thinking, great...what now! Boomer says he was writing in the journal on the desk. I said that's fine because it is his journal and Boomer tells me to read... His first journal entry says "MOM" and then "GAVIN" and a few lines down "MOM" again... I was so full of emotion, tears started to come... next Boomer started to chuckle and I said why are you laughing... he wasn't he was choking on his tears. Everyday Gavin amazes me... he says or does something that brings instant joy. I don't know how he even remembered the word "MOM" he has only written it once... he asked me how to write my name last week and that was it. The entry has been dated and will be on the fridge with his permission... it is his journal!
My poor baby has an ear infection in both ears now. Late last night he woke up crying that his ear hurt. We went to extended care early this morning and the doctor told us he had the infection on both sides... we are no strangers to Gav and ear infections. I kept him home today thinking he was too sick to do anything...the kid has been bouncing off the walls all day :) No one would know he was sick by his actions.
Awh, how sweet! Can't wait for that moment with Julian. Something else to look forward to... :)
ReplyDelete