Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hanging Out

The heat has kept us inside this week... trying to do to much causes melt downs. Normally I can run errands, go shopping or whatever that requires us to leave the house. Yesterday was not one of those days! I had a list of things to get done: bank, Target (teething tablets, inner tubes and clothes for Gav), crickets, and grocery store. The bank was successful and that was it. At Target, A was not happy... she fussed. We checked out, minus the teething tablets cause they sold out, and Gav asks to wear one of his hoodies. I told him no and an instant melt down occurred... No I should say a full out tantrum! I carried 2 kids plus bags to the car. Once home, we all had a much needed timeout. This was a new experience for me.

Besides that craziness, Gav has been working on his writing and we've been playing games. He loves this game that launches frogs into a spinning tree. Also, we have been playing with the playdough often, he and daddy made me a yummy cake. Lately, he hasn't had his close on... more than usual. He tells everyone they are off because he is at home. He is still a wonderful helper with Chickie. He talks and plays with her all the time. Gav loves it when A smiles and laughs at him... as if it is a measure of her love for him. Here's Gav's writing skills

He's in his underwear and eating a gogurt

A has stopped sleeping through the night... we were doing good for awhile. She wakes up at 1am and 5am for a 5 min eating. I think because she moves around so much that she wakes herself up. She likes to sleep on her side (like her daddy), so when she rolls one way it startles her. Gav's Intellitainer, from my aunt Shelley at his baby shower, is A's new fave. The lights driver her wild and she screams at the toys because she wants to eat them. A in her Intellitainer and a video of her chomping on her hand. All day she yells and has her hand or a blanket in her mouth


As for Boom and I, trying to eat healthier. Boom works day and night for us... so it is hard for him to eat right and be active all the time when he's exhausted. I've been cooking foods with whole wheat. I made these yummy pretzels. Last night we had stir fry tofu and tonight is portabella fajitas. I'm thinking ratatouille with salmon on Friday. There's lots of fruit and yogurt in the fridge too. I'm not making him vegetarian, I'm just trying to add more veggies to the diet.

2 comments:

  1. Going to get A a walker. She loved being in Leila's, it kept her busy for awhile. We couldn't believe how content she was. A looks so much like Gav when he was 3mo. I'll have to post pic of Gav

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mushroom fajitas were yummy! Didn't make ratatouille... I was tired. So Boom made eggs with lots of veggies... so tasty. Portabella mushrooms are so good, I didn't know they had so much flava... I think we are going to stick with this theme till next week

    ReplyDelete

Come on... talk to me =)