Gavin started back to school on Tue after Labor Day. It was cute. Him and all his friends hugged each other in a big group. He's a big boy now. In pre-k, I still can't believe it. Saturday is the back to school picnic with chili and dessert cook off... I'm going to place!
We put Austen in at Tutor Time. When I knew she was going to be in Amy's class (Gav's first teacher) I said ok that's where she is going. Last Thur was her unofficial first day. Its called a free day. She did great. It took some time for her to ease into moving away from us but once she realized it was ok A did great. Mon was her actual first day. We have her going M,W,F for 5.5 hrs (half time) a day. In a month or so she might go to 5 half days.
I start back next Thur (some vacay)! I have only one real class, lots of research, teaching 3 labs possibly 4 and I'm mentoring freshman for the first few weeks (the Dean's idea).
The new real estate office is done and I'm Ken and Marie are thrilled. The Grand Opening is next week (I think). With A in daycare Boom will start back up there.
Still busy peoples over here. Taking Gav to Kidspace Museum Friday for Pirate Night. Can't wait for our Mudrun Sat 25th. Its a 5k obstacle course in mud!
Our 10 yr high school reunion is Oct 1st. I can't believe it has been 10 yrs since I graduated (I'd rather 10 yrs since I first started high school haha). I'm not going. I really don't care. The people I love I talk to and the rest... oh well. Tiffany and Shawn did try to convince me to go to save her. Sorry babe, you are on your own. When it comes to the 30 or 50 yr I'm down guys and you can quote me on that (notice I said 30, 25 is still too soon hehe).
Besides all the fun madness, I'm tired. I haven't been sleeping well. I miss that window when I should have fallen asleep and then I'm up awake. When I do fall asleep, Gav has been doing this "Mommy" call in the middle of the night and he does it multiple times. Luckily A sleeps thru the night. It took yrs for Gav and he still has his moments (which I don't mind because it is extra cuddle time).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Come on... talk to me =)