Checked out two schools today for Gav. I cannot believe my baby is starting pre-K. Yes his old school has a pre-K program but I wanted to check out some other programs. Gav's preschool felt more like a day care. There is actual instruction but all one big room. The two schools were an actual school! If that makes sense. An actual campus with an awesome curriculum. I work hard with Gav and he didn't use any of his skills at the old school. He was the only one in his class who stared in the fall able to write his name and ABCs and the teachers knew but didn't have him write it. It took numerous talks for them to get it. First was Redlands Christian School. We know a few people who send their kids their and enjoy it. The facility was nice and the class rooms were as well. The program was half dyd with a daycare til 3. Gav needs all day with his energy. You know how you give yourself choices but secretly know what you want already... hehe. We went to RCS first. It was nice and we were impressed. Then I took them to Valley Prep and blew Gav and Boom's mind =) The pre-K curriculum all the way to 8th grade is phenomenal. First semester the kids learn Spanish and the second French. BTW... there is an actual science lab and even at Gav's grade level they will do a science project. The Headmaster (such an official title) had to show me it on the tour and well as an art class, music class, language class, a publishing lab, computer lab and etc. The stuff Gav will be exposed to is outstanding! At first the Headmaster was going to schedule another appt with us for Gav's assessment to make sure he meets the level because it was late in the day and hot. Oh no my baby was ready to go! Of course he was more than ready =)
The school is a bit pricey but doable. Saying that, I'm still collecting cans and bottles and accepting donations to help out =) Now I need to teach a few extra classes or find a real job [[eek]]!
We decided that Gav is going to stay at Del Rosa one more year. He will transfer for kindergarten. I'm going to comtinue working with Gav on the side. He's excited to be in the big boy class at his school, I can't mess with that =)
ReplyDelete