I discovered tonight how to help when IT hurts...
If an incidence shall arise when your son hits the corner of the coffee table or just hits IT. This is what you should...
Tell him to lie down on his back and put his legs in the air (90 degree angle). I assumed you stand up and jump up and down... but was quickly corrected. Next grab at their ankles or knees but their legs needs to stay locked so I found the knees to be easiest because Gav did not get locking his knees. Basically, you pull them up and down, making sure the pelvis leaves the ground or couch (as was for me) to Shake IT Out!
For some reason this feels better to them and ultimately makes you laugh and then your son. And then, of course, they milk it and want you to continue shaking and bouncing them around.
The things you can learn in a day!!!
Thanks for the life long lesson Boom and Gav xoxo
Thanks for the tip! Haven't encountered this situation yet, but know it's coming! Very helpful... ;)
ReplyDelete