Saturday, July 10, 2010

Catch up

So I didn't think I was going to be busy this summer. I figured a couple days at school and the rest of the time hanging at home... that hasn't been the case. I forget anatomy takes a little extra time, I need to prep my cat and review before hand. Also I need to be doing research. I need to research on teratogens that stop neural growth. Oh and last Thur I got to teach Adult Stem Cells for my advisor. I had to prepare the lecture myself. One hour of lecture with a 25min video and then lead a group discussion. I was nervous for the first 10min and then I fell into the groove.

Gav is having a nice break from school. He is doing his journaling about what he is doing during the break. He is also enjoying being with his friends. He stayed the night at Izel's house (first time at a non-relative's house). Ivan is a good family friend so I was ok with it after a couple hours passed =) We brought Lee back from Vegas and he stayed for 4 days. Him and Gav fight like crazy but won't leave each other alone. I don't get it! He also has been requesting lots of backyard campings so we've been doing that quite a bit. He is growing up TOO fast. I will admit the boy can have a smart mouth and is quick with the come backs. Besides that he is still goofy Gav who loves to sing, dance and play all the sports. He is all about making as many friends as possible where ever we go. He likes going to the daycare at the gym so he can meet new kids

Austen is something else. She is incredible socialable. Everyone she meets she tells them Hi and starts talking. The girl knows what she wants. She will tell you when she is ready to leave. She grabs your hand and says "GO." Demanding, she won't let up til she gets what she wants or until she throws a fit realizing she can't have it. Loves to be outside, playing in dirt or water usually but very girly at the same time. She caries babies and a purse around. She's a dancing machine just like Gav... it must be in the genes =) A is a big ball of joy with a contagious smile. Her kisses and patting my back makes my heart melt. One other not about this crazy girl... she has a blow up EVERYDAY! One week I washed her bedding everyday because of the mess. And she lost that baby smell LONG time ago. Even her farts have you guessing who did it and was their poop involved?

Boom is doing good. He is home during the day with kids holding down the fort when I'm gone. It can be a little chaotc when I walk through the door but they are all having fun. He has been cooking dinner for us... actually preparing most of the meals throughout the day. He is like a big kid with them. He has started playing softball on Sundays with Jonny. I can say, I can't wait til soccer is over tomorrow. World Cup has dominated, we even play soccer in the backyard after the games (I kick Boom's butt... he can't hang with me lol).


Gavin's end of school year program and Ms. Debbie



Lots of swimming this summer at Grandma's and Papa's house


Movie night and camping




Family Reunion





Our volcano. It took a week to construct


Universal Studios... King Kong was awesome on the studio tour



Happy 4th of July




Hanging at the park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... talk to me =)