On Saturdays we take Gav to dance class at 11am. This particular Sat (and Fri, Sun and is to carry til Mon) was very rainy. We were on the 215N headed to Kelli's house and less than a mile from our exit. We were having a wonderful conversation in the car with the kids and between Boom and I. I was even texting Val and CLee about our Thanksgiving in Vegas. We were driving in the far left lane (fast lane) and I felt the car jerk to the left and then we began to fish tell. It was so slow but happened so fast at the same time. I yelled whats going on and Boom told me he lost control. At that moment Gav was screaming and the car was spinning (and I mean 360's). Traffic was a bit heavy and some how we were clearing all cars as we traveled along the lanes to the right. In the farthest right lane my front (right) passenger side hit a F150 (4 door) in the driver side passenger door. Which now that I look at that I'm thankful for because without being stopped by that car we would have went over in an embankment.
We parked our car and the F150 parked theirs in the emergency lane. Right as we all looked around to make sure we were all ok were heard tires screech and a car smash. A big rig lost control in the same spot we did and hit a little Honda. The Honda had a mom and her 8-9 yr old daughter. The scene was horrific and knocked the mom unconscious. Thankfully the little girl was able to walk away and the mom was moving around after the jaws of life removed her from the car.
I've never seen Gav so scared and witnessed the resilience of a child through my own eyes as well. Children can make the worst of situations the best through there laughter and playfulness. I'm so proud. Austen wasn't much aware of what happened but how freaked out we were.
We did find out before the plow cleared the scene. There was a lot of gravel all over the road due to construction on the freeway and a couple miles from our two accidents was another 3 car pile up. We did get pictures of the mess.
Boomer hit his head on the window so I took him to ER after everything. His back and neck were hurt but he is ok. We are all ok. There's a little soreness in our necks but it will work itself out. And the kids are great, you would never know. The passengers in the F150 are well as well. But I was so worried because the door we hit had a child around 14mon there and 2 children around Gav's age with no car seat (one of them was sitting between the parents in the front) and a 9 year in the back. So, 4 young kids and 2 adults. This is not their fault but I was so worried, if the accident was worse, the little ones could have flew. Thankfully they were alright as well. The mom and I were checking on each other's children.
This morning I began cooking a full out Thanksgiving meal. I don't want to dwell on the what could of happened anymore but I'm so thankful that we were all together safe at home. I did let Gav sleep with us last night, they both had cake after lunch and ice cream after dinner =)
We are truly blessed =)
Oh my goodness, Nicole, that must have been terrifying! So glad you all are ok. I can't even imagine, but sounds like you handled it well. You're a pro! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo thankful everyone is okay. We love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI'm SO glad you are all safe! I can't believe that happened! We need to talk...I'm calling you again soon!
ReplyDelete