For starters... my throat is on fire! I've been gargling with salt water, drinking tea up the wazoo, tried a lozenge (they never do anything)... and now on to theraflu. Any ideas??? Please let me know
Because I'm too tired to do anything productive... I've been thinking about things I want to do in life. First off, finish my Master's. I'm supposed to be done next school year but my advisor received this grant money that will allow a couple grad students a paid internship in a stem cell lab. Incredible opportunity... if I receive it, I will be delaying things for a year but totally worth it. It is possible to placed at City of Hope (one of the schools I want to get my PhD at). Not only will I be furthering my knowledge in a hot topic of science but I will be networking. Networking is key! After PhD, teaching at the University level and my own research lab. If I want I can go into the field of Biotechnology.
Another goal of mine when Gavin is around 10ish... I want to home school him and Austen. Not sit at home and teach but go out on the road for some time (and I means months) teaching them the history of our nation. I've visited a quite a few states but there is so much to explore and learn. How many of us visited our state capitol or our nation's capitol? I've been blessed to have the opportunity to do both but many don't ever leave. This is a must do and visit some baseball parks =)
Also, spending some time visiting another country. My advisor received her PhD at Essex... you never know!
Next up, opening a Tapas (small meals... like appetizers for 1) Bar. I know the restaurant busy is crazy investment but in our area, there's a good amount of bars but no decent place to eat after. I would like to do it like the Spaniards and have a Tapas bar with wine and beer only. No hard liquor... I don't want it to become a drinking spot!
Cooking classes of course. William & Sonoma has some good ones every month.
Build a dream home! I think it would be so neat... and a headache to take on this task. I want to draw out the plans and be the head contractor. I would hire people individually to do specific jobs... and it has to be environmentally friendly as much as possible). To go with any house I live in. I want to start a green house... this gardening thing is awesome. I would like to produce enough food for our family... everyone must watch Food, Inc! I would never think composting takes more work than a vegetable garden but it does... at least for me. Best starter veggies... lettuce and peppers. Lettuce plants look pretty in any flower bed (I use a spring mix). Just a note if you grow any kind of pepper... DO NOT let the fruit ripen (turn red [mature])... that plant will never bear fruit again because it has succeeded its goal in life. I though it was so cute to let a jalapeno turn red (and its spicier)... then I was sad to learn that I will no longer have peppers from the plant. Thank goodness I'm picking the other one. Lesson learned, read up on what you are growing before hand--hello!
Right now, I need to step up on my volunteering. I've volunteered for various organizations for most of my life and I miss it. I still raise money and donate to various groups but I want to get back out there and use my hands. Going to try and help Marie cook at the City Mission once week... going to start out once a month or every other week to ease myself in.
This is the short list... there's so much I want our family to experience. I'm busting my butt now to get us where we want to be... hopefully
Hope didn't bore anyone with my ramblings
So amoxicillin was the only thing that cured it
ReplyDelete