
Great day for opening ceremonies... but a long one. It started out with pictures at 8am and the coaches didn't receive the players shirts til last night... so we were scrambling to get them on all the kids. After pictures, we had to gather everything up for our booth. We bought 100 gold fish for our booth thinking 20/hour is sufficient and there's another goldfish booth going on... One hour in, fish were flying. I ran to the store and picked 100 more fish. By 4pm (the carnival ended at 5) we were completely out. It was crazy. Gav and A got a short nap and we were back at the field at 6pm to show off our team (the players help their banner proud and walked onto the field... soo cute). Not everyone made for our team or the other teams... it was a long day! I'm so proud of my little guy. He handled the day extremely well (he still takes naps) and I'm just proud of him period! My one complaint... and I must... is Gav refuses to wear his baseball pants at calf level. It drives me crazy when baseball wear the pants down to their ankles. But in fairness to Gav, that is what he sees at the games. His favorite Vladmir (now on the Rangers) wears it like that.
Gavin's first game is this coming Wednesday at 5:30pm. It is going to be a hoot!
Love the page . . . makes me think of spring! I am exhausted just reading about your day!
ReplyDeletemy head is in spring mode. I want to be at the beach... I'm thinking about taking the kids, soon
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete