Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gavin starts baseball practice next week. We are all so excited, everyone has talked about this moment since he was born. We went to the parent's meeting last night to find out what team he was on and meet the coach... Well... he had a team but no name and no manager... and being the first ones to arrive (what were we thinking!) Boomer became manager and within 5 minutes parents were introducing themselves to Boomer. Once we got the run down for t-ball, we discovered it is a lot of work... oh yeah, I some how became team mom and Boomer gave everyone my email (which started coming in this morning at 7am) Gavin is sooo happy to have his daddy as coach, so it is working out well. I remember the days when my brother's baseball took over and I see that happening now... how many more years of this??? jp =)

Lately we have all been sick. Gavin had a crazy fever last Wed followed by a rash on Fri... it was fifth disease... now just a cough. Austen's fever came Sat night with her rash Tue... now a runny nose and cough. Gav had his 4yr check up and Austen her 9mo (crazy 9 months) today. Gav had to get booster shots (4 shots plus TB but no more for 6 yrs) and A received 2. They both took it very well... crying during the shots but both were all smiles when leaving the exam room. Boom and I are now feeling ill... and have no time to get sick.

Can't wait for this week to be over. My students had midterm lab practicals this week and it has been nonstop emails since last week. I graded a few papers and I'm very disappointed with the grades, overall not doing so well, but the ones I knew would do great didn't disappoint. One more lab tomorrow and it is all good til finals week... hopefully they understand how to study. I've slacked a little bit in my independent research, not by choice, just very busy. Going in early tomorrow to get back to work. Also, have slacked on running this week, but I can blame the rain... that will be back in effect tomorrow... ok Saturday for sure

Austen has started to take a step or two... she pivoted in a 3/4 circle the other day. Soon she will be walking

Added a new member to our zoo, Stella the hamster. We have non-experimental hamsters in lab which had 11 pups 3 weeks ago. We all took the pups home this week... I actually took 2, one for Mercedes. She named hers Bella. Her first night in her new home Stella escaped, still don't know how she did it, but she made a home behind the dryer. She is back in her home and now exploring it and hasn't tried to escape since. Very creepy watching her run behind the washer and dryer... made me feel like a mouse was roaming the house. I disinfected behind the machines to feels better

Have to go bake cupcakes for the Valentine's Day party at Gav's school

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... talk to me =)