I got a maid... sounds silly but it was needed. There is just so much going on with family and school, trying to maintain a clean environment was becoming hard. I get home between 5-7pm depending on the day; Then I have to start dinner, baths, and then bedtime. Once that is done I start homework, grading, lecture prep, research and presentations. I don't want to spend my free time with the kids cleaning the house. It was so great coming home the other day... Everything was clean and clutter free... they moved the couches, wiped baseboards, and all the windows are clean... Hooray! She will becoming every 2 weeks from now on. It is so much easier to keep up with the little things. If there is ever a week where I can't get anything done...I know she will be here soon :)
I didn't realize how much stress could be alleviated with a clean home
Totally NOT silly...and I agree, totally awesome! We broke down this summer and hired a maid too. They only come once a month, but still, I love coming home to a sparkling house. And you're right, it seems so much easier to maintain the little things when the big things are taken care of. Good for you for cutting yourself a little slack so you can enjoy the important things!
ReplyDelete