Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Couponer

New obsession of mine is Extreme Couponing. I'm nowhere close to these people but I have learned a few tricks. I'm a little obsessed with coupons now. I won't go to the grocery store without checking my coupons, the stores coupons and the store's ads.

Sometimes couponing can be annoying because you buy items that you really don't need but its an awesome deal. But it can really add up. I saved 20 bucks last week from my coupons. I recently discovered Ralph's (part of Kroger), you get rewards points with are doubled when you bring in your gas receipt from Shell. After so many points you get $$ back. Also, transferring your Rx to the store gets you $25 off the grocery bill. The little things begin to add up!

There are other tricks like purchasing a small quantity item to get the better savings and some stores double the coupon value.

While I won't be spending 30-40hrs per week on finding the best deal, I do give time for cutting coupons and looking up whats on sale before I go =)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had the time and patience to coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely not easy. I missed the last 2 Sunday papers. The hardest thing is remembering to take your coupons to the store =)

    ReplyDelete

Come on... talk to me =)