Friday, June 17, 2011

New addition

Since we moved, maybe before then, Boom has wanted a larger dog. I think Diddy is a perfect size =) For father's day this year, Gav and I decided that we will adopt a new dog for Boom. Last Saturday, we directed Boom to drive to the city animal shelter. I wanted Boom to be in on the decision because it is his dog.

Boom fell in love with a beautiful blue labrador retriever puppy. We asked about adopting her, we were told she had 2 people waiting on the list and she wasn't available til Tue. The puppy had an all black sister with 2 people on the list and not available til Tue. So we walked around and found this cute black and brow spotted puppy (she looked lab, dalmation and something else mixed). We adopted her and named her Pippy. We couldnt take her home because she had to go to the animal hospital on Monday and get spayed. We went to pick Pippy up Mon and we were told she was sick and highly contagious. Horrible!!! The kids were crying and completely devestated. I was so upset at the hospital for not informing us [fuming]. We told the kids we would go back in the morning (which meant playing hooky) and pick out a new dog... this idea at least stopped the tears =(

On Tue morning we went strainght to the kennel with the blue lab. Took her straight to the desk and the lady called out the names on the list and no one responded so she was ours [hearts]

We named her Lucy and we are all in love (except Diddy... she took over his sleeping spot because she cant run around). Diddy is in the living room and I'm sure on the couch. She is about 5 months old and the blue color comes from either a dilution gene or mixed with weimaraner. I want to do a DNA screen lol

                                          Waiting to adopt her


                                          Staring at the new creature and not being happy. They are
                                          separated for 14 days just in case she's sick

                                                     Staring back at Diddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... talk to me =)