Friday, May 28, 2010

Life

Where to start? Life's been crazy! Sorry to everyone who hasn't seen or heard from me in awhile. School has had me swamped. Two more weeks of classes and then finals! I am teaching A&P lab this summer but only 2 days a week from 9am-noon. I'll start my thesis project but nothing crazy... I'm hanging out at home. I'm really excited about my thesis, teratogens and development are the reason why I'm furthering my education.
It feels like everyday we have something to do. We have fun attending all these events but it is nice to be at home. The month of May has been nothing but parties... first A's, then mothers day/A's bday, Sophies 1st bday, Pentecost (we did celebrate at a friend's house), and tomorrow Peyton's 1st bday. I didn't even go to Vegas to celebrate my nephew's 5th bday :( We've been constantly up to something... and I'm not complaining cause I wouldn't have it any other way... except be with Lee.
I am happy to say I rested today! Boomer took Gav to school with Austen and brought home starbucks... how wonderful. Waking up at 845ish is sweet. I didn't go to school and Boom, A and I hung out til 1ish.

Austen had her 1yr check up today (it is hard getting every one's schedules to mesh). My baby girl is almost 20lbs, 19.7 (thats 23 percentile)... she's an itty bitty but 30 inches long (75%)... she's such a firecracker and constantly on the go that all the food she eats burns away... wish I had her metabolism :) Austen has finally started to drink milk. We started offering milk at 10mon but she refused it and yesterday it was a go... but it is very vanilla soy milk. One day regular milk or soymilk.

Gav is doing great. Growing up too fast! A little man of the house. He asks to help me with housework, picks up on his own... sometimes but it is still hard to get used to seeing him put things away and I didn't ask! I can't wait til the summer. I'll be at school for a small amount of time and Gav is having the summer off. I have science projects, hikes, camping, him coming to lab with me and trips to the museum planned... I'm SO excited.

Boom is working hard. He is not a bad dad... he is wonderful. When things got rough and really crazy he stepped up! He is home with Austen during the day, sometimes taking and picking up Gav from school, making dinner, bringing me lunch at school, laundry (he doesn't fold though lol) and going to work at night. Things would be crumbling around here if he wasn't helping out! Thank God for knocking some sense into him... lol! And a wonderful full body back rub from him ;)

Life is rough and tough but going good!

Oh yeah... my friend Alyse is getting married in Dec in Hawaii. We are saving now to go to Maui over Christmas break... oh please let it work out (financially speaking)

2 comments:

  1. I thought of you on Mothers Day thinking that you had a one year old! I can't believe how fast this year has gone! Sounds busy and wonderful. How did your group go that you were starting on campus? Hope Hawaii works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A year came and went SO fast! Petie is next and then AJ! There are days I wonder how we made it to this point... I still remember being pregnant!
    The stem cell club is going good. Having elections in a week to fill 2 positions for next school year. I'm in the process of planning a couple of fundraisers to host a stem cell symposium on our campus for next fall. Clubs are a lot of work.
    I'm praying for Hawaii! I just want some relaxing time with my family where we can't be interupted :)

    ReplyDelete

Come on... talk to me =)