Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finally writing something meaningful... I've been lazy and pics/videos are so much easier to post

Just tired and busy lately... I had no Christmas break! I was in lab finishing my research and creating the poster to take to Santa Clara. It was nice to get away for a few days but so hard because I didn't take the kids. Thats the longest I've ever been away from either of them. I didn't get to relax because the weekend was packed with speakers, presentations and workshops. Now back at school and working. I'm teach 3 anatomy and physiology labs... not easy. It requires so much outside prep on my part... this week I'm relearning all the bones in the body and preparing to teach cat dissections. Besides that 3 grad classes, lots of reading, research... am I forgetting something??? My home life...

Gav and A are growing up so fast. Gav is great he goes with the flow and rather be out and about playing... though he is learning how to argue (they call it the freaking 4's for a reason haha) I can't believe 4 years are about to past. I still remember being pregnant with him [sigh... teary eyed] I look at pictures just from a year ago and Gav has grown so much in every way. I always think he is this big boy and then a few months past and he has matured some more.

A is a bit more sensitive. She wants someone to be around all the time (has to be someone she is comfortable with) and it takes her time to ease into new surroundings. She is fast and ready to take on the world. She is sooo cute when she eats puffs or cheerios. She uses her two bottom front teeth to take a bite... so dainty and lady-like and takes her time. Gav would shove as many as possible in his mouth. She's mimicing waving goodbye and clapping... oh and standing alone!!!

Boomer is working as usual... but has been home with A during the day... I think he likes laying around on the floor playing with her all day ;)

It feels like time is flying. Some days I want the world to stop so I can breathe and hug my kids without worrying what needs to be done by when... but this is the world we live in. I do love it and I'm greatful... I do all this for my family and myself. I'm counting down the days til spring break and I'm going somewhere. Sorry Dr. B not spending this vacay in lab cause I'm sure the lab will have my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... talk to me =)